Posted to alt.home.repair

Default neighbor built over my property line

But basically, for anyone else reading this, if you put up a fence inside a
property line, then you should be at least partly liable for any problems
caused by this. The neighbour shouldn't have to employ a surveyor to
determine where you think your boundary might be. As I said, (where I'm
from) fences between properties are always jointly owned. Is what you're
suggesting that each neighbour erect their own fence?

Oh, bull****. The other guy is responsible for knowing where his
property lines are, just like you are. Where you decide to put a
fence is irrelevent.

Posted to alt.home.repair

glenn P wrote:
Another amateur lawyer at work...

Did you just wake up after a 3 week nap? Goedjn may be an amateur
lawyer, but you are a professional idiot.

Among your gems:

" But basically, for anyone else reading this, if you put up a fence
inside
property line, then you should be at least partly liable for any problems
caused by this

Kindly explain how if someone puts up a fence inside a property line,
on their own property, they should be "at least partly liable." As
Goedjn pointed out, this is BS as they are 100% liable.

As I said, (where I'm
from) fences between properties are always jointly owned. Is what you're
suggesting that each neighbour erect their own fence?

So, you're telling us I couldn't come to your area and find a fence
that one property owner paid for and put up 4" inside his own property
line? Suppose I have a pool and want to enclose my back yard. Does
that mean that unless the neighbor is willing to pay for half of it and
put it exactly on the line, that I can't just put one 4" inside on my
own property? Or suppose the other lot is undeveloped woods and the
owner doesn't want anything to do with a fence? Or I send letters to
the owner of the undeveloped lot, who lives in some other state and I
get no reply? What would a reasonable person do then? Put the
fence slightly inside their own property where they are free to do what
they want, or put up a shared fence because you say that's how it has
to be?

"Controlling" a fence...... Now I need to hit that plonker button - where
is it!?

Controlling a fence means that if I put it slightly within my property
line, I have conrol of it, within the limits of any local codes. That
means I can decide myself, with no negotiation, what kind of fence I
want. That means if it gets damaged, I fix it. I don't have to try
to get the neighbor to agree to paying half or trying to collect later,
when he changes his mind. Or, if I decide 20 years later that I
want to replace it, I can replace it with whatever I damn well please.
I don't have to go next door and try to negotiate with some clueless
buffoon like you.

"Goedjn" wrote in message

But basically, for anyone else reading this, if you put up a fence inside
property line, then you should be at least partly liable for any problems
caused by this. The neighbour shouldn't have to employ a surveyor to
determine where you think your boundary might be. As I said, (where I'm
from) fences between properties are always jointly owned. Is what you're
suggesting that each neighbour erect their own fence?

Oh, bull****. The other guy is responsible for knowing where his
property lines are, just like you are. Where you decide to put a
fence is irrelevent.

Furnace fuel oil pump return line, install or not? [email protected] Home Repair 3 September 29th 05 02:36 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Phone Line Problem - Plea barry martin Home Repair 1 July 3rd 04 03:09 PM
Telephone Line Problems barry martin Home Repair 1 March 7th 04 03:00 AM