DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Whirlpool Washer LSQ9244EZ0 water drains during initial fill (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/181182-whirlpool-washer-lsq9244ez0-water-drains-during-initial-fill.html)

[email protected] November 1st 06 06:42 PM

Whirlpool Washer LSQ9244EZ0 water drains during initial fill

When you start the machine and the water is filling, it doesn't
completely fill because it is draining or leaking back. If you start
and stop the machine a few times, it will usually work normally. My
Wife thinks that it only does this with large clothes loads, which may
have someting to do with the load size selection.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Mike

Appliance Repair Aid November 1st 06 10:34 PM

wrote:
When you start the machine and the water is filling, it doesn't
completely fill because it is draining or leaking back. If you start
and stop the machine a few times, it will usually work normally. My
Wife thinks that it only does this with large clothes loads, which may
have someting to do with the load size selection.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Mike

Hi,

Water may be syphoning out....
http://www.applianceaid.com/faq-washers.html#filling

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

[email protected] November 2nd 06 12:50 PM

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:
wrote:
When you start the machine and the water is filling, it doesn't
completely fill because it is draining or leaking back. If you start
and stop the machine a few times, it will usually work normally. My
Wife thinks that it only does this with large clothes loads, which may
have someting to do with the load size selection.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Mike

Hi,

Water may be syphoning out....
http://www.applianceaid.com/faq-washers.html#filling

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

I believe you are right....I looked at the drain hose setup.....I have
a horizontal 1" iron drain pipe coming out of the wall behind the
washer and the drain hose is clamped directly to it. I sure changing
this will cure the problem....Thanks!!!

Mike