DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cracks appearing around window in wall (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/181179-cracks-appearing-around-window-wall.html)

[email protected] November 1st 06 05:54 PM

Cracks appearing around window in wall

We have a 1st floor apartment and around one of the windows it seems to
be cracked around the window frame in the wall. It doesnt extent to
the external brickwork. Its never bothered us, but I was wondering
what has caused this and is it something to worry about?

We plan selling next year and wonder if this would put people off
buying....

Thanks

Don Phillipson November 1st 06 06:16 PM

Cracks appearing around window in wall

wrote in message
ups.com...

We have a 1st floor apartment and around one of the windows it seems to
be cracked around the window frame in the wall. It doesnt extent to
the external brickwork. Its never bothered us, but I was wondering
what has caused this and is it something to worry about?

We plan selling next year and wonder if this would put people off
buying....

1. Yes this is normal.
2. Yes, cracks in interior walls put off buyers.
3. You can fix it yourself with filler (drywall mud)
and paint: and if it is not invisible next year you
can think about employing a tradesman.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs