DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   1950's doors (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/180582-1950s-doors.html)

[email protected] October 27th 06 01:07 AM

1950's doors

Back in the 1950's-60's there were alot of ranch style homes being
built. I remember most of them having front doors with interesting
geometric designed windows. There's one design in particular which had
3 windows in the top corner of the door in the shape of 3 "BELLS". Does
anyone remember these? I'd really like to find one of these doors for
my home, but I have absolutely no idea where to even begin looking for
one. I know of 2 houses in my are which still have this front door.
It's very art deco.
Bryan

Al Bundy October 27th 06 02:09 AM

1950's doors

wrote in news:1161907661.175162.247110
@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Back in the 1950's-60's there were alot of ranch style homes being
built. I remember most of them having front doors with interesting
geometric designed windows. There's one design in particular which had
3 windows in the top corner of the door in the shape of 3 "BELLS". Does
anyone remember these? I'd really like to find one of these doors for
my home, but I have absolutely no idea where to even begin looking for
one. I know of 2 houses in my are which still have this front door.
It's very art deco.
Bryan

Nope, don't remember.

[email protected] October 27th 06 02:58 AM

1950's doors

I clicked the mouse 3 times (nothing was happening each time I clicked
it). I didn't realize the message would appear mulitiple times. Now I
look like an idiot spammer, and this whole thread ends up in the
toilet. Lovely. I hate computers
Bryan

Al Bundy October 27th 06 03:00 AM

1950's doors

wrote in news:1161914304.843245.12860
@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I clicked the mouse 3 times (nothing was happening each time I clicked
it). I didn't realize the message would appear mulitiple times. Now I
look like an idiot spammer, and this whole thread ends up in the
toilet. Lovely. I hate computers
Bryan

Now I look like an idiot spammer

Nahhhh, we've all had our turns in life.

p.s. Did I mention I don't remember?

HeyBub October 27th 06 03:10 AM

1950's doors

Al Bundy wrote:

Nahhhh, we've all had our turns in life.

p.s. Did I mention I don't remember?

Remember what?

Al Bundy October 27th 06 03:15 AM

1950's doors

"HeyBub" wrote in
:

Al Bundy wrote:

Nahhhh, we've all had our turns in life.

p.s. Did I mention I don't remember?

Remember what?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............

[email protected] October 27th 06 03:29 AM

1950's doors

You are going to have to post a picture, or at least a sketch.

Al Bundy October 27th 06 03:37 AM

1950's doors

Al Bundy wrote in news:Xns9868DFD7F22CCAlBundy@
216.196.97.142:

wrote in news:1161914304.843245.12860
@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

I clicked the mouse 3 times (nothing was happening each time I clicked
it). I didn't realize the message would appear mulitiple times. Now I
look like an idiot spammer, and this whole thread ends up in the
toilet. Lovely. I hate computers
Bryan

Now I look like an idiot spammer

Nahhhh, we've all had our turns in life.

p.s. Did I mention I don't remember?

p.s. again. Do I need to mention over in your alt.building.construction
post that I don't remember or will you remember from here that I don't
remember?

[email protected] October 27th 06 03:39 AM

1950's doors

click on show options on each post then choose remove to elmiate the
duplicates.

apparently theres a problem the same thing happened to me today...

Harry K October 27th 06 03:40 AM

1950's doors

wrote:
I clicked the mouse 3 times (nothing was happening each time I clicked
it). I didn't realize the message would appear mulitiple times. Now I
look like an idiot spammer, and this whole thread ends up in the
toilet. Lovely. I hate computers
Bryan

I remember! But what I remember I forgot.

Anyhow, to answer your question. Look for a place that deals in
salvage building materials. There is usually one is most fairly large
cities.

Harry K

PanHandler October 27th 06 05:26 AM

1950's doors

wrote in message
oups.com...
You are going to have to post a picture, or at least a sketch.

Of what?

[email protected] October 27th 06 05:48 AM

1950's doors

I'm not much of an artist, but here's a rough idea of the door I'm
talking about (note the 3 windows in the upper corner shaped like
bells). Does anyone remember these?
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i9...lrod2/Door.jpg
Bryan

mm October 27th 06 06:22 AM

1950's doors

On 26 Oct 2006 17:07:41 -0700, wrote:

Back in the 1950's-60's there were alot of ranch style homes being
built. I remember most of them having front doors with interesting
geometric designed windows. There's one design in particular which had
3 windows in the top corner of the door in the shape of 3 "BELLS". Does
anyone remember these? I'd really like to find one of these doors for
my home, but I have absolutely no idea where to even begin looking for
one. I know of 2 houses in my are which still have this front door.

So you do know where to look. Go in through the back window, so you
don't damage the door.

It's very art deco.
Bryan