DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ground wire for dual fuel kitchen stove (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/180490-ground-wire-dual-fuel-kitchen-stove.html)

Steve Lambert October 26th 06 06:40 AM

Ground wire for dual fuel kitchen stove

Just installed a dual fuel (gas/220)stove in the kitchen, works perfectly.
My 220 had three #8 wires Black / White / Red, no ground. Back of stove
show a 4 wire hook-up ground being connect just below center white wire. I
did not install a ground as I only had three wire. Question: should I be
concerned about not having it grounded.
Question: Should I run a ground wire from frame of stove to ground.

Thanks in advance

[email protected] October 27th 06 01:40 AM

Ground wire for dual fuel kitchen stove

INSTALL THE GROUND!

Its a safety hazard as is:(

All 240 volt appliances are now 4 wire for safety.

In certain circumstances the neutral can be powered and a shock hazard.
currently your stove is not grounded at all and a BIG hazard

Mark October 27th 06 02:48 AM

wrote:
INSTALL THE GROUND!

Its a safety hazard as is:(

All 240 volt appliances are now 4 wire for safety.

In certain circumstances the neutral can be powered and a shock hazard.
currently your stove is not grounded at all and a BIG hazard

AGREED!
This is correct.
If the white wire should come loose, the frame of your range could
have 120 Volts on it!!!!

Mark

[email protected] October 27th 06 02:49 PM

Steve Lambert wrote:
Thanks you Group for the help.

"Steve Lambert" wrote in message
Just installed a dual fuel (gas/220)stove in the kitchen, works perfectly.
My 220 had three #8 wires Black / White / Red, no ground. Back of stove
show a 4 wire hook-up ground being connect just below center white wire. I
did not install a ground as I only had three wire. Question: should I be
concerned about not having it grounded.
Question: Should I run a ground wire from frame of stove to ground.

Thanks in advance

be certain to run new ground wire back to electrical panel DONT ground
to water pipe! Thats just or more dangerous, someone can get killed
taking a shower