Posted to alt.home.repair

Default mobile phones - new uses ??

Hi,

Like everyone, I've a number of mobile phones which I don't use
anymore. I was thinking I could make use of those rechargeable
batteries which are going to waste. How do I put them to use in small
devices like portable radios, toys. They seem to have 3 battery
terminals -
how do I wire them ? What is the voltage ? How to ensure that I
don't blow my radio up ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs,

Mike Tan

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 25 Oct 2006 19:00:26 -0700, "Mike" wrote:

Hi,

Like everyone, I've a number of mobile phones which I don't use
anymore. I was thinking I could make use of those rechargeable
batteries which are going to waste. How do I put them to use in small
devices like portable radios, toys. They seem to have 3 battery
terminals -
how do I wire them ? What is the voltage ? How to ensure that I
don't blow my radio up ?

Thanks in advance for your inputs,

Mike Tan

Have you considered putting a voltmeter on them?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mike" wrote in message
ups.com...
| Hi,
|
| Like everyone, I've a number of mobile phones which I don't use
| anymore. I was thinking I could make use of those rechargeable
| batteries which are going to waste. How do I put them to use in small
| devices like portable radios, toys. They seem to have 3 battery
| terminals -
| how do I wire them ? What is the voltage ? How to ensure that I
| don't blow my radio up ?
|
| Thanks in advance for your inputs,
|
| Mike Tan

If you can erase the phone number from the memory of the old phones, a
really good thing to do with them is to donate them to your local women's
shelter or to the local police department - both agencies give them to
people who are under threat and may need to call the authorities for help.

Jean

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article , "Jean"
wrote:

If you can erase the phone number from the memory of the old phones, a
really good thing to do with them is to donate them to your local women's
shelter

This is an excellent suggestion.

By law, cell phones, whether or not they are "connected" to an active account,
must be able to dial 911 or 0. As such, they are a valuable security device
for people in domestic crisis. Such unfortunate folks, often women with young
children, are in a situation where the utilities have been shut off, usually
beginning with the landline phone service. The recipients of your donated
phone cannot use them to just chat. Instead, in the event of an emergency,
they can be a life-saving tool. Donate your old, WORKING wireless phones.
--

JR
Posted to alt.home.repair

And also have you considered reading the numbers and letters on the
battery packs?

I sense it's more work than it's worth.

--

Christopher A. Young