DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help Bemis provides no support for their toilet seats (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/180329-help-bemis-provides-no-support-their-toilet-seats.html)

[email protected] October 24th 06 11:37 PM

Help Bemis provides no support for their toilet seats

The hinge cap on our Bemis toilet seat has broken off.

I contacted Bemis customer support hoping that they would either send
me or sell me a replacement part.

Bemis's response was that I should trying taking the seat back to the
store since they don't provide spare parts. Clearly, no store is going
to take back an out-of-warranty, used toilet seat.

I could not believe that they are basically saying that there is no
way to fix or replace this 5-cent broken part.

Based on my past experience, this a very common part to break and it
is hard to believe that Bemis can't or won't provide a replacement
part.

Bemis basically seems to be saying that if you are out of your 1 year
warranty, then if anything breaks, your only option is to throw out
the seat and by another one.

THIS IS ONE OF THE LAMEST RESPONSES I HAVE EVER RECEIVED TO CUSTOMER
SERVICE REQUESTS.

Other companies like Kohler have sent me substantial replacement parts
for free with no questions asked -- even when the damage was my fault
and when I have been more than willing to pay.

Toller October 24th 06 11:44 PM

wrote in message
[...]

Toilet seats are consumables; they just wear out and you replace them.
Bemis presumably doesn't have a high enough profit margin to send out
replacement parts.

I have also found Kohler to be very accomodating. They must be able to
afford it.

Tim Fischer October 25th 06 01:10 AM

Help Bemis provides no support for their toilet seats

Toilet seats cost what -- ten bucks? If they DID have replacement parts for
out-of-warranty issues, how much do you think you'd pay, including s/h? I
bet it's at least ten bucks.

I've seen replacement hinge assemblies sold, but just replace the thing.
It's a wearable part.

-Tim

Al Bundy October 25th 06 01:51 AM

Help Bemis provides no support for their toilet seats

wrote in
:

I think another option they would suggest is to go **** in your hat.

THIS IS ONE OF THE LAMEST RESPONSES I HAVE EVER RECEIVED TO CUSTOMER
SERVICE REQUESTS.

Other companies like Kohler have sent me substantial replacement parts
for free with no questions asked -- even when the damage was my fault
and when I have been more than willing to pay.

Either buy a new seat of fill the cap with caulk and slap it back on.

You have to be a troll to go through the trouble of posting about a
plastic ****ter cap that has no real effect.