Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to put up a shower screen through tiles?

Hi

Could anyone give me any advice on drilling through tiles to put up a
shower screen, just a little worrid of cracking the tiles?

Thanks All

Ben
http://www.car-boot-finder.com
car boot sales / markets / auction finder

Posted to alt.home.repair
DK DK is offline

On 23 Oct 2006 02:42:49 -0700, "carbootsales -
www.car-boot-finder.com" wrote:

Hi

Could anyone give me any advice on drilling through tiles to put up a
shower screen, just a little worrid of cracking the tiles?

Thanks All

Ben
http://www.car-boot-finder.com
car boot sales / markets / auction finder

There are some amazing adhesives that should work for you.

Behind the tile you are drilling thru is a copper pipe which you will
pierce and an electrical wire which you will short.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"DK" wrote in message

Behind the tile you are drilling thru is a copper pipe which you will
pierce and an electrical wire which you will short.

Wow, that's amazing that you can actually see not only through his walls,
but see behind them through the internet, and know precisely where he's
going to be drilling! It's also an amazing coincidence he has both plumbing
AND electrical right at that point!

Assuming a "shower screen" is glass shower doors, this has been covered here
many times -- try a Google search. It isn't hard to do and you won't crack
your tiles if done properly.

-Tim

P.S. My first reaction was "why would someone want a screen on their
shower? Wouldn't the water just go right through it?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks guys will let you knowhow I get on!

Tim Fischer wrote:

"DK" wrote in message

Behind the tile you are drilling thru is a copper pipe which you will
pierce and an electrical wire which you will short.

Wow, that's amazing that you can actually see not only through his walls,
but see behind them through the internet, and know precisely where he's
going to be drilling! It's also an amazing coincidence he has both plumbing
AND electrical right at that point!

Assuming a "shower screen" is glass shower doors, this has been covered here
many times -- try a Google search. It isn't hard to do and you won't crack
your tiles if done properly.

-Tim

P.S. My first reaction was "why would someone want a screen on their
shower? Wouldn't the water just go right through it?"

outasight bath shower screen sm_jamieson UK diy 3 June 29th 06 10:45 AM
Shower Screen Stephen Jones UK diy 0 August 10th 04 02:55 PM
reconstruction of shower stall and bathroom floor Spoon2001 Home Repair 2 March 12th 04 02:13 AM
another leaky shower question Witchy UK diy 6 October 9th 03 05:09 PM
Shower Screen Sizes and Seals ??? Stuart UK diy 1 October 8th 03 08:38 PM