Posted to alt.home.repair

Default winterize a hayward pool filter

can someone explain the steps the winterizing a Hayward sand pool filter for
winter, step by step. Thanks in advance

Posted to alt.home.repair

"ron1859" u28044@uwe writes:

can someone explain the steps the winterizing a Hayward sand pool filter for
winter, step by step. Thanks in advance

Remove drain cap so water drains out of the sand.
Remove Valve Head Assembly, store indoors.
Detach Motor/Filter Basket, store indoors.
Cover hole left by Valve Head Assembly loosely.
(I use a paver.)

Mainly, you don't want any standing water in
any of the parts.
Posted to alt.home.repair
ron ron is offline

I don't remove the Valve head assembly. Just turn dial to winterize (which
releases the pressure on the valves I believe) after draining. Thats what
the instructions that came with the unit said I should do. It also suggested
not replacing the drain plug after draining. But I'm always afraid of
misplacing it so I leave it in, just not tighted.