Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blow new insulation on top of batts, leaving air pockets underneath?

In my attic I have 1-6 inches of loose fiberglass (some of it has been
disturbed pretty good, thats why it varies so much), with 6 inch batts
on top of that.

I'm having a contractor blow in some additional loose fiberglass, and
he says its ok to just pile it on top of the batts, even though there
may be almost no insulation underneath them in some places. I assumed
we'd need to move all the batts to one side, blow in the fill, then
move them to the other side and repeat.

Is it ok to have 4+ inch air pockets under the batts? It just seems
wierd, having no insulation directly on the other side of the ceiling.

Best Insulation Scheme for a Finish Attic? Daniel Rubin Home Repair 2 February 16th 04 06:46 PM
Best Insulation Scheme for a Finished Attic Daniel Rubin Home Repair 0 February 16th 04 12:22 AM
Adding Attic Insulation JAG Home Repair 21 January 30th 04 06:46 PM
Loft insulation David Hearn UK diy 26 November 10th 03 09:17 PM
Attic insulation question Alexander Galkin Home Repair 5 November 10th 03 06:21 AM