Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Washing Maching Cycles Confused

Hi. Just wondering if somebody might have a clue how to fix this before
I call a repair person....I moved my washing machine and dryer from the
first floor into the basement. I put the washer on a dolly, strapped it
on and as gently as I could moved it to the basement. It did not drop
or fall, but it did bump down the stairs and was tilted about 50
degrees at some points. When I got it up onto its new petestal and ran
a load the cycles are now all screwed up. It fills with water and
tumbles for about 2 minutes then it drains and continues to rinse over
and over again. It really doesn't follow the fully wash cycle,
basically moves right to an endless rinse after a brief fill and
tumble. It worked perfectly prior to moving it downstairs. Any ideas?

Kenmore heavy duty front loader that is about five years old.

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Faced with that I'd open the control panel and see if any of the wires
bumped loose. If everything is intact, I'd unplug / replug everything,
that often works with computers. Barring that, I'll defer to someone
who knows washing machines, I can fix anything if it is only slightly
broken.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Problem solved!

My washing machine drain hose is lower than the actual machine, so it
is siphoning out and causing the machine to continually run through the
cycle. I need to lift the drain hose higher than the machine and it
should run fine.