DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Drywalling Question (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/179143-drywalling-question.html)

SteveC October 13th 06 11:16 PM

Drywalling Question

Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to spend
the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can put on a
regular drill that achieves the same thing?

Thanks,

--
Steve

Mike October 13th 06 11:39 PM

Drywalling Question

"SteveC" wrote in message
Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to spend
the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can put on a
regular drill that achieves the same thing?

Thanks,

--
Steve

$2 drywall bit will do.

SteveC October 13th 06 11:54 PM

Drywalling Question

Like this one?
http://www.tools-plus.com/irw351064.html

--
Steve

"Mike" wrote in message

$2 drywall bit will do.

SteveC October 13th 06 11:59 PM

Drywalling Question

Or the one with the built in clutch release?
http://www.boschtools.com/accessorie...176543&G=55212

--
Steve

The Reverend Natural Light October 13th 06 11:59 PM

Drywalling Question

Spend the money on the drywall gun.

I picked up a Dewalt from HD for around $60. The drywall bit for a
normal drill was almost half that, looked like it might last one job if
I was lucky, and lacked the depth adjustment.

And don't run a drywall screw through your finger. It hurts.

-rev

Morvin Stayner October 14th 06 12:03 AM

Drywalling Question

"SteveC" wrote in
:

Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to
spend the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can
put on a regular drill that achieves the same thing?

Thanks,

Go to: http://www.homedepot.com

Search for "drywall dimpler"

and/or "drywall setter"

Pete C. October 14th 06 12:19 AM

Drywalling Question

Morvin Stayner wrote:

"SteveC" wrote in
:

Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to
spend the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can
put on a regular drill that achieves the same thing?

Thanks,

Go to: http://www.homedepot.com

Search for "drywall dimpler"

and/or "drywall setter"

Second this suggestion. It's like $5 for a bag of four I think and they
work very well in an ordinary cordless drill / driver after a minute of
practice. I sheetrocked my 20'x32' shop with them with no issues.

Pete C.

Mike October 14th 06 01:11 AM

Drywalling Question

"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote in message
oups.com...
Spend the money on the drywall gun.

I picked up a Dewalt from HD for around $60. The drywall bit for a
normal drill was almost half that, looked like it might last one job if
I was lucky, and lacked the depth adjustment.

And don't run a drywall screw through your finger. It hurts.

-rev

If your paying $30 per drywall bit then I have some swamp land, perfect to
build on, available for sale!

Al Bundy October 14th 06 01:12 AM

Drywalling Question

"Pete C." wrote in :

Morvin Stayner wrote:

"SteveC" wrote in
:

Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to
spend the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can
put on a regular drill that achieves the same thing?

Thanks,

Go to: http://www.homedepot.com

Search for "drywall dimpler"

and/or "drywall setter"

Second this suggestion. It's like $5 for a bag of four I think and they
work very well in an ordinary cordless drill / driver after a minute of
practice. I sheetrocked my 20'x32' shop with them with no issues.

Pete C.

Third that suggestion for occasional projects of reasonable size.

Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement.

Not sure what a few rooms is. A basement I had once had one room...but it
was 1300 sf.

willshak October 14th 06 01:57 AM

Drywalling Question

Morvin Stayner wrote:
"SteveC" wrote in
:

Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to
spend the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can
put on a regular drill that achieves the same thing?

Thanks,

Go to: http://www.homedepot.com

Search for "drywall dimpler"

and/or "drywall setter"

Or

Lowes
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...903-353-D60498

--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY

jeffc October 14th 06 03:49 AM

Drywalling Question

"SteveC" wrote in message
Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to spend
the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can put on a
regular drill that achieves the same thing?

No, but you really don't need it. Get a drywall bit to help.

jeffc October 14th 06 04:14 AM

Drywalling Question

"The Reverend Natural Light" wrote in message
oups.com...
Spend the money on the drywall gun.

I picked up a Dewalt from HD for around $60. The drywall bit for a
normal drill was almost half that

Whaaaaa???? They cost about $2. I wouldn't buy a gun for one job, that's
weird.

carolyn October 14th 06 10:56 AM

Drywalling Question

SteveC wrote:

Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to spend
the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can put on a
regular drill that achieves the same thing?

Thanks,

Yes, there is. I have seen two models, a fancy magnetic attachment that
seems a little prone to breaking down - runs for about $25CDN or an
inexpensive plain drywall bit for about $3CDN. I believe they are both
available at Home Depot, so there is a good chance they are available
pretty much everywhere.

Carolyn
--
Carolyn Marenger

Brian V October 14th 06 12:39 PM

Drywalling Question

"Mike" wrote in message

"SteveC" wrote in message
Going to be drywalling a few rooms in my basement. I don't want to
spend the money on a drywall Gun. Is there an attachment that you can
put on a regular drill that achieves the same thing?

Thanks,

--
Steve

$2 drywall bit will do.

This is the one I have. Works awesome. Home Depot has them.