DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Caulk Bats for bat and Board? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/178793-caulk-bats-bat-board.html)

Scott Townsend October 10th 06 10:08 PM

Caulk Bats for bat and Board?

So we have T1-11 Siding (without the groves in it) and we put 1x2 bats every
16" to cover up the nail patter on the T1-11

The House was Painted with Primer before the Bats were added. The Bats are
pre-Primed.

Now the bats are on the house and we are getting ready For The final Coat of
Paint.

Should I caulk the bats along the vertical edges?

All of the Windows and Horizontal Trim is caulked, we just were not sure if
it was cost efficient to Caulk the Vertical Bats?

Thanks,
Scott-

marson October 11th 06 03:05 AM

Caulk Bats for bat and Board?

Scott Townsend wrote:
So we have T1-11 Siding (without the groves in it) and we put 1x2 bats every
16" to cover up the nail patter on the T1-11

The House was Painted with Primer before the Bats were added. The Bats are
pre-Primed.

Now the bats are on the house and we are getting ready For The final Coat of
Paint.

Should I caulk the bats along the vertical edges?

All of the Windows and Horizontal Trim is caulked, we just were not sure if
it was cost efficient to Caulk the Vertical Bats?

Thanks,
Scott

are you doing it yourself? then caulk would be pretty inexpensive. I
think it's a good idea. it would look better, cut down on the bugs and
spiders, and keep some moisture out.-