DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How 2 plexiglass window (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/178790-how-2-plexiglass-window.html)

kocatchall October 10th 06 09:24 PM

How 2 plexiglass window

How do I measure plexiglass to replace a garage window? I understand
plexiglass contracts & expands more than glass. Any advice on this
project appreciated.

JoeSpareBedroom October 10th 06 09:31 PM

How 2 plexiglass window

"kocatchall" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do I measure plexiglass to replace a garage window? I understand
plexiglass contracts & expands more than glass. Any advice on this
project appreciated.

When I replaced mine, the glass dealer suggested making the piece 1/16"
smaller than the opening on each side. I haven't had any problems with the
installation, and the temps here range from mid 90s down to zero.