DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Question on toilet valve (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/178609-question-toilet-valve.html)

[email protected] October 9th 06 03:15 PM

Question on toilet valve

I went to the hardware store to replace my toilet valve which has a
1/2" tube inlet, but the one that fits is a 5/8" tube inlet. Why does
the package say 1/2" if 5/8" fits.,unless it refers to the adapter
screwed on the end.Just a newbie trying to understand sizing. Thanks.

jim October 10th 06 01:45 AM

Question on toilet valve

Half inch copper will not go dierectly to the ballcock unless it is a
brass one other wise it is a 5/8ths femm thread fitting . 1/2 copper
pipe is 5/8ths outside diameter