Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Can you recess a stove/oven and other kitchen remodeling questions (redoux).

Hi. We have a a very difficult kitchen in that it is not particularly
big (11'10"x14") and has 5 doorways. We're thinking about closing off
a door that leads to a small landing/porch and the backyard (another
door to the basement also leads to the back), but now I'm thinking that
maybe we can maybe keep the opening and enclose it in order to put our
stove/oven in the space created. We might need to tear out the landing
that is there now and make a more solid base (I'm not sure about that),
but we could easily run gas and electric lines through the wall from
the basement and vent out the back of the new wall we create and it
would mean that the stove won't stick out into the room. Any idea if
it is safe to have a gas stove/oven in this kind of enclosed space? We
have 10 foot ceilings and the current door opening is about 29 inches
wide by 8 feet tall.

Thanks
Tim