Posted to alt.home.repair

Default flooring demo

Hi. I will be having some flooring work done in my home and I wanted to
get some opinions regarding the cost before I have contractors come in
and give estimates. Here's what I've got...

DEMO
575 sq. ft. of 12" ceramic tile.
550 sq. ft. of laminate

I'm looking to get an idea of what I can expect to pay to have the
flooring removed. I've heard anywhere from $1 - $4 per sq. ft. It seems
a little high, though. What do you think?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

No advice??

Posted to alt.home.repair

$1-$2 is more reasonable, depending on many things. By the time the
contractor pays for his crew, equipment rental, disposal, etc..
$1000-$2000 is a reasonable price to pay. Or you can tackle it
yourself. Rent some tools and go for it. Then you'll know for sure if
$1000-$2000 is the price you would charge somebody to do that task.

wrote:
Hi. I will be having some flooring work done in my home and I wanted to
get some opinions regarding the cost before I have contractors come in
and give estimates. Here's what I've got...

DEMO
575 sq. ft. of 12" ceramic tile.
550 sq. ft. of laminate

I'm looking to get an idea of what I can expect to pay to have the
flooring removed. I've heard anywhere from $1 - $4 per sq. ft. It seems
a little high, though. What do you think?

Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

In article om,
says...
No advice??

Not enough info? It sounds like a PITA to me. I'm glad I'm not
doing it.

--
Keith
Posted to alt.home.repair

in some localitys disposal of the debris can be expensive........

proper landfills cost big bucks With rubber and clay liners so water
cant get in and any liquid contents cant get out.....

you could tackle the job yourself to save bucks but its heavy duty
grunt work.
p[rice the rental tools and disposal costs in advance to get a better
idea of actual contractor costs...

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a small ceramic tile project myself. Stopped in at Home Depot
yesterday to look at tile and price installation. HD 's tile
installation prices are $4.49/sq ft on concrete and $6.50/sq ft. on
backerboard. After picking out the tile, HD will come measure and give
me a quote for a $35 fee (removed from price of job if they do it). I
am curious to hear what prices you get from contractors. I am going to
get a couple of free estimates from contractors also.