DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to use plastic retrofit boxes (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/178285-how-use-plastic-retrofit-boxes.html)

jimbob October 6th 06 01:37 AM

How to use plastic retrofit boxes

I am using blue plastic retrofit boxes. Just to make sure...the tabs
where the wire enters are pushed inward, the the wire is pushed
through...right? Pulling the tabs outward would allow the wires to
slip back through..

Am I correct?

Toller October 6th 06 02:05 AM

How to use plastic retrofit boxes

"jimbob" wrote in message
ups.com...
I am using blue plastic retrofit boxes. Just to make sure...the tabs
where the wire enters are pushed inward, the the wire is pushed
through...right? Pulling the tabs outward would allow the wires to
slip back through..

Am I correct?

Yes you are; though they work so poorly it doesn't much matter.

jimbob October 6th 06 02:09 AM

How to use plastic retrofit boxes

Yes you are; though they work so poorly it doesn't much matter.

True, they do suck. It's hard to get wires through wihout chewing them
up.

Tom The Great October 6th 06 02:35 AM

On 5 Oct 2006 17:37:13 -0700, "jimbob" wrote:

I am using blue plastic retrofit boxes. Just to make sure...the tabs
where the wire enters are pushed inward, the the wire is pushed
through...right? Pulling the tabs outward would allow the wires to
slip back through..

Am I correct?

Sounds like you understand how the fingers work. Just some tips:

1. Only qualified personnel should ever do 'electrical' work.
2. Plan out the project, this case a box, so you don't have to undo
yourwork. I.E. Pull inserted cables back out.
3. Becareful with the 'fingers' they do break.
4. Take your time, I don't have big hands (neighter big feet :( )
but it get's crowded quickly inside those remodel boxes.

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Tony Hwang October 6th 06 02:49 AM

jimbob wrote:

Yes you are; though they work so poorly it doesn't much matter.

True, they do suck. It's hard to get wires through wihout chewing them
up.

Hmmm,
Suck?, How come? Never had trouble when I used them for a project.

jimbob October 6th 06 02:59 AM

How to use plastic retrofit boxes

Well, ok, they suck more when you do them wrong the first time and have
to do them over, but that's my fault, but I think I prefer metal clamps
better.