DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Spackle or replace (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/178034-spackle-replace.html)

[email protected] October 3rd 06 02:22 PM

Spackle or replace

Hi,

This contractor did a not so good job all around my house. Here's
another instance. In this case he was installing drywall in on of the
rooms and the corner looks suspect. Can this be spackled or should it
be replaced?

http://i.math.drexel.edu/~pg/drywall.jpg

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Chris October 3rd 06 03:22 PM

Spackle or replace

wrote:
Hi,

This contractor did a not so good job all around my house. Here's
another instance. In this case he was installing drywall in on of the
rooms and the corner looks suspect. Can this be spackled or should it
be replaced?

http://i.math.drexel.edu/~pg/drywall.jpg

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

It hasn't been taped & floated yet. Is the contractor going to do that
for you? Some mud will take care of that, no need to replace.

[email protected] October 3rd 06 04:04 PM

Spackle or replace

No, the contractor "fired" himself by not showing up.

Edwin Pawlowski October 3rd 06 07:10 PM

Spackle or replace

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

Can this be spackled or should it
be replaced?

http://i.math.drexel.edu/~pg/drywall.jpg

Neither.

It will easily be covered when the job is taped.

EXT October 3rd 06 11:38 PM

Spackle or replace

Not a very professional looking installation. Look at the gap at the
ceiling. Mud and tape can fix it all, but it would be better to not have to
fix it.