DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cleaning Dusty Basement (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/177493-cleaning-dusty-basement.html)

[email protected] September 28th 06 12:24 PM

Cleaning Dusty Basement

My basement has flooded in the past and has a fair amount of
dust that is difficult to remove. Using a wet-dry vacuum doesn't get
all of the dust. Using a broom is only moderately helpful. I am
thinking of using a pressure washer, but I hate to introduce water to
the basement. Does anyone have any ideas as to the best way to clean
it?

Thanks,

JD

[email protected] September 28th 06 04:03 PM

Cleaning Dusty Basement

This may already be obvious, but how about a large sponge and a bucket?
It may take a weekend, but you will get rid of it without just
spreading it around or flooding your basement.

[email protected] September 28th 06 05:16 PM

Cleaning Dusty Basement

first vacuumn well then spray with water and clean up with wet dry shop
vac.

have you addresed the water problem?

neighborhood flood or your basement water infiltration?

[email protected] September 29th 06 09:35 PM

Cleaning Dusty Basement

wrote:
first vacuumn well then spray with water and clean up with wet dry shop
vac.

have you addresed the water problem?

Yes, I have resloped the ground around the house and fixed the
gutters.

Thanks for your help.

JD

neighborhood flood or your basement water infiltration?