DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Method for Improving Percolation at Seepage Pits (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/177491-method-improving-percolation-seepage-pits.html)

Vince September 28th 06 12:01 PM

Method for Improving Percolation at Seepage Pits

What is "aeration" ? Is this the method to improve drainage of a
seepage pit ?

Or, are chemicals used to free up/clean bottom of pit area ?

Robert Gammon September 28th 06 01:00 PM

Vince wrote:
What is "aeration" ? Is this the method to improve drainage of a
seepage pit ?

Or, are chemicals used to free up/clean bottom of pit area ?

Aeration increases the rate at which the bacteria process the matter in
the water Aeration is a fountain or a propeller that stirs the tank.

Percolation is how fast the water that comes out of the septic is
absorbed by the soil in the drainage field. Percolation rates are
strongly affected by the soil type. Studies have shown that water
softener discharge water helps percolation rates in many soil types

Vince September 29th 06 01:03 PM

Method for Improving Percolation at Seepage Pits

I asked a service guy to tell me about aeration, and he told me that
he uses water. I now see on his invoice an entry that says
"hydro-jetting".

So, what is hydro-jetting? (What, How, When ?)

Anybody have a reference to a glossary of terms applicable to septic
systems ?