Posted to alt.home.repair

Default above ground pool leak-HELP

I have an above ground pool that is leaking water. We can see the water on
the outside of the pool in the rocks/dirt around the pool. We have dove and
dove and dove in the area the water is on the outside but canNOT find any
holes, gaps, splits, NOTHING to explain where the water is coming from.

ANY ideas how to find where the leak is? The pool place said there is a dye
test but of course they do not carry it.

HELP my poor water bill please!

THANKS!

Kim S.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Scott" writes:

I have an above ground pool that is leaking water. We can see the water on
the outside of the pool in the rocks/dirt around the pool. We have dove and
dove and dove in the area the water is on the outside but canNOT find any
holes, gaps, splits, NOTHING to explain where the water is coming from.

ANY ideas how to find where the leak is? The pool place said there is a dye
test but of course they do not carry it.

HELP my poor water bill please!

You imply you have to add water to the pool, how much?

I've had a lot of pinhole leaks, but they were always
visible (with goggles).
Posted to alt.home.repair

Scott writes:

ANY ideas how to find where the leak is?

Very difficult if the leak is slow. There's just not enough hydraulic
force to detect easily.

Just use the ordinary phenol red pH test reagent bottle for dye testing.
Very tricky to get the water still enough for this to work. More of a way
to prove a certain suspected spot is leaking.

I've also heard suggested using squares of tissue paper, but when I tried
this it wasn't very sensitive. Toilet tissue just disintegrates, so you
have to use something like Kleenex or wrapping tissue. The idea is that
you can test a small area for suction at once, and move systematically to
cover a larger area.

You'll be wishing for scuba gear. You won't get things calm enough if you
have to dive and hold your breath.
Posted to alt.home.repair

can't help with finding the leak, I've always had visable leaks, but
maybe with the water bill. We had the fire deopartment come out one
year and fill the pool for $100, as it was 27" round it was several
thousand gallons. most of the time I call the DPW (water department)
and tell them I'm filling a pool, they don't charge sewer fees on that
which is most of the water bill so you can save alot of money.

Empressess #124457

The best Games