DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Tankless water heater venting (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/176686-re-tankless-water-heater-venting.html)

[email protected] September 21st 06 05:48 AM

Tankless water heater venting

wrote:
crhras wrote:
Has anyone experienced problems or issues with side venting? Will it
burn plants or childern, spark fall leaves, make it miserably hot to be
around? How much clearance should I plan to make around the vent?

Have you chosen the water heater yet ? Is it active vented ? Check your
local building code also - it might specify how and where venting is
allowed. I did the same thing and the inspector said that I had to go
through the roof.

Yes, one of two, the Noritz N-069m or the T-K1S manufactured by Takagi.
You make a good point, I will call the building office in the morning.

Did you have the chance to fire yours up before the inspector pulled
rank? I have never felt the exhaust from one of these units and that
really is my only concern. Admittedly, I have no base for that concern
other than having installed various heating units and appliances over
the years.

BTW, are you pleased with the conversion to a tankless unit?