DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Air compressor switch adjustment (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/176646-re-air-compressor-switch-adjustment.html)

Kristin September 21st 06 03:06 AM

Air compressor switch adjustment

Staring at the pressure switch some more I see the spring I labled
"B" does nothing. there is a screw post with a pin thru it
on which rests a flat washer, a smaller washer then the spring, then
a cup washer and the nut. the lever from the contacts is above the
washers and never makes contact with the spring or other parts. If
anyone has a similar switch and can take a picture and either post it
or e-mail to kd006(at)yahoo.com I just may be able to figure this out.

Thanks
Kristin

Steve Barker LT September 21st 06 04:27 AM

Air compressor switch adjustment

That is called an "unloader" valve. It releases the pressure off the
discharge line so the compressor can start back up easier.

--
Steve Barker