Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frigidaire range door won't lock

We have a self-cleaning range which wont self-clean.

Some time ago the interior light refused to switch off, but we decided
to just let it burn itself out and thought no more about it. However
the range now refuses to lock the door when we try to use the
self-clean function and I'm wondering if this could be the reason.

The light switch looks ok but I tried disconnecting the power to it
just in case, but it made no difference.

The fuse is ok.

Has anyone seen this occur before and could it be the reason the door
wont lock, or is it more likely the servo motor which needs replacing?

Any other ideas??

Steve

New lock Angela UK diy 8 January 7th 04 09:33 PM
Design fork lock Doug Goncz Metalworking 6 November 29th 03 10:19 AM
F2 fault error on GE range - broiler element turns on Monque Robinson Home Repair 2 October 15th 03 08:50 PM
Cordless Drill: Dual Speed range? MIchael Jasper Home Repair 22 July 27th 03 03:59 AM
Range cooker recommendations? [email protected] UK diy 8 July 18th 03 05:50 PM