DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   portable dishwasher (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/175825-portable-dishwasher.html)

[email protected] September 13th 06 09:59 PM

portable dishwasher

I just purchashed a used portable dishwasher and am very exciting to
use it. Small problem though, we have a nice faucet with a built in
sprayer. I am unable to attach the adapter part to the faucet because
the threading is not long enough to grab on to the faucet. The
threading in the faucet is pushed back a little. The faucet was quite
expensive and I dont want to get rid of it but I cant seem to find the
proper adapter for this faucet. Anyone have any advice.
Hope this email makes sense

Edwin Pawlowski September 14th 06 06:14 PM

portable dishwasher

wrote in message
oups.com...
I just purchashed a used portable dishwasher and am very exciting to
use it. Small problem though, we have a nice faucet with a built in
sprayer. I am unable to attach the adapter part to the faucet because
the threading is not long enough to grab on to the faucet. The
threading in the faucet is pushed back a little. The faucet was quite
expensive and I dont want to get rid of it but I cant seem to find the
proper adapter for this faucet. Anyone have any advice.
Hope this email makes sense

Good chance the manufacturer of the faucet has a customer service help line.
Ask them about using standard adapters on their faucets. While most do
follow some standard of compatibility, they may not.

[email protected] September 18th 06 02:21 AM

portable dishwasher

Be careful hooking a portable washer to a faucet w/pull-out sprayer. I
have one of those, I love it but the sprayer supply line has only a
little o-ring sealing it. It isn't made to take full water pressure
with no flow, like when a dishwasher is hooked up. In my particular
faucet, the water goes into the mixer valve, then goes out to the
faucet. When the water is turned off, that o-ring has no water
pressure on it.

My faucet specifically states not to use portable dishwashers, and I
am betting that's the reason. You might want to check with the mfg to
be sure your faucet can handle a dishwasher hookup.

My solution was to use a nearby bathroom sink, just a few feet away
(very small house, bathroom is off kitchen)