DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ceramic tile on cinder block (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/175759-ceramic-tile-cinder-block.html)

gntry September 13th 06 02:19 AM

ceramic tile on cinder block

has any one had any experience with placing tile on cinder block walls we
have a small building with a block wall bathroom and I wanted to dress it up
with tile. I know I can cover the concrete floor with tile but never did any
block walls. can you apply thinset right over the block or what?

RicodJour September 13th 06 05:35 AM

gntry wrote:
has any one had any experience with placing tile on cinder block walls we
have a small building with a block wall bathroom and I wanted to dress it up
with tile. I know I can cover the concrete floor with tile but never did any
block walls. can you apply thinset right over the block or what?

Thinset directly onto concrete block works great. I've never put
thinset over painted surfaces, so I can't vouch for painted block, but
it probably would work.