DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Resurfacing Flat Roof W/Aluminum Tar Coating (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/175400-resurfacing-flat-roof-w-aluminum-tar-coating.html)

Mike September 9th 06 04:01 PM

Resurfacing Flat Roof W/Aluminum Tar Coating

Hi, I contracted w/ a local reputABle roofing company to resurface my flat
roof (appx 16' x 34') with tar coating w/ reflective surface.
Afte the job was done ($450.00) I learned they coated the roof w/ Henry
Aluminim Emulsion. They had to come back because the check
wasn't made out the way they wanted. I asked them why they only used the
aluminum emulsion and not tar w/ aluminum they told me the only time
tar is used to resurface is when new paper is put down. Why do I feel
klike I got burned $450.00 for 90 minutes work including repair and coating
seems like a lot of money. What is the preferred method to recoat a flat
roof in the mid atlantic region?

Mike
'