DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Scratches in HYMAX (Hi-Macs/ Himacs) countertop (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/175232-scratches-hymax-hi-macs-himacs-countertop.html)

Phyllis G September 7th 06 09:08 PM

Scratches in HYMAX (Hi-Macs/ Himacs) countertop

I have HYMAX countertop (not sure of the speklling) and there are many
scratches in it. Is anyone ware of how to smooth it ut so it looks nice,
again?

professorpaul September 8th 06 12:13 AM

Scratches in HYMAX (Hi-Macs/ Himacs) countertop

Have you talked to the outfit that installs this particular brand? Have
your check their web site? I'd be real careful about applying any sort
of abrassive polish to any sort of counter top before I had a good idea
of what I was dealing with. Are these gouges, or just fine scratches?
How about some paste wax?

professorpaul September 8th 06 12:15 AM

Scratches in HYMAX (Hi-Macs/ Himacs) countertop

Here is a web page. It seems to be some sort of acrylic material. You
can go from there, I think.

I'd call a dealer or the mfg. and ask them. I would suspect that there
is an easy way to deal with this..

http://www.lghi-macs.com/

Phyllis G September 8th 06 02:42 AM

Scratches in HYMAX (Hi-Macs/ Himacs) countertop

Thanks, all!

professorpaul September 8th 06 01:49 PM

Scratches in HYMAX (Hi-Macs/ Himacs) countertop

Phyllis G wrote:
Thanks, all!

Please share the outcome with us.... that is how we all learn...