DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to Cut Corrugated Metal Roofing? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/175132-re-how-cut-corrugated-metal-roofing.html)

Jim Elbrecht September 6th 06 09:27 PM

How to Cut Corrugated Metal Roofing?

On Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:45:56 GMT, Jones wrote:
-snip-

My brother (a contractor) says I should just put a plywood blade into
my circular saw backwards, wear safety goggles and earplugs, grit my
teeth and let 'er rip ... but somehow that sounds a little scary to me
on an 18' ladder.

I've used the plywood blade on corrugated-- and for a really good
time, an old 275 gallon oil barrel. Actually, I've used a crosscut
blade backwards with limited success-- and a plywood blade the right
way with good results. It burns its way through, so a steady
pressure gets the job done-- and watch for sparks & metal bits falling
in leaves.

It is indeed noisy- but you have a lot more control than you would
with a sawzall.

Jim