DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to Cut Corrugated Metal Roofing? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/175130-re-how-cut-corrugated-metal-roofing.html)

stevie September 6th 06 08:28 PM

How to Cut Corrugated Metal Roofing?

a friend was helping me with the corrugated metal once.

we tried the backward saw blade and it worked just fine. but be careful-the
metal will flop around. have someone hold it if you can.

also, as someone suggested, use goggles and ear plugs.
"Jones" wrote in message
Eduardo blew some of the 2' x 12' galvanized, corrugated steel roofing
material off of my barn, and I had to replace most of 2 sheets.

I didn't have any power on Saturday to cut it off, so I just nailed it
up and let it run long off the eave of the roof, but now I have to cut
it off flush with the rest of the roof.

Can anyone tell me what I should use to cut this stuff?

My brother (a contractor) says I should just put a plywood blade into
my circular saw backwards, wear safety goggles and earplugs, grit my
teeth and let 'er rip ... but somehow that sounds a little scary to me
on an 18' ladder.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Joe