DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Help! Pool motor starts intemittently (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/175012-help-pool-motor-starts-intemittently.html)

Legandary54 September 5th 06 06:36 PM

Help! Pool motor starts intemittently

Hope someone can help me with a real head-scratcher. I've had a
swimming pool with a 1/12 horsepower motor for 15+ years. I've replaced
motor a few times without incident. Earlier this year, I turned it off
to clean and it wouldn't turn back on. Replaced motor twice; same
problem. Some times it starts, some time it doesn't. Even when it
doesn't start, basic electric meter shows current reaching the motor.
I'm stumped. Any ideas?