DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Dryer Vent Noise (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/174479-dryer-vent-noise.html)

JB September 1st 06 03:57 AM

Dryer Vent Noise

My neighbor's exterior dryer vent (about 30 yards from my deck) is making a
lot of noise. Any suggestions (either at his end or at mine) to reduce the
noise? I don't want to go to him with a complaint. I'd like to go with a
solution.

--JB

JB September 1st 06 02:44 PM

Dryer Vent Noise

What's that and where do I get one?

"buffalobill" wrote:
it's annoying him too, buy him an energy saving replacement vent.19uJB

wrote:l My neighbor's exterior dryer vent (about 30 yards from my deck) is
making a. lot of noise. Any suggestions (either at his end or at mine) to
reduce the5 noise? I don't want to go to him with a complaint. I'd like to go
with ai solution.k . --JB

New & Improved - N/F John September 2nd 06 02:37 AM

Dryer Vent Noise

Are you sure it isn't his water heater? The modern high efficient ones make
a lot of noise. They don't exhaust up a chimney. The exhaust goes out the
side of the house.

[email protected] September 2nd 06 04:52 AM

Dryer Vent Noise

any chance its a lennox pulse furnace? they are known far and wide for
being very noisey:(

Al Bundy September 3rd 06 04:47 AM

Dryer Vent Noise

(JB) wrote in
:

My neighbor's exterior dryer vent (about 30 yards from my deck) is
making a lot of noise. Any suggestions (either at his end or at mine)
to reduce the noise? I don't want to go to him with a complaint. I'd
like to go with a solution.

--JB

Go over at night and shoot it full of spray foam would probably take care
of it...from you POV anyway :-)