DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Ozone Generator rental in Houston (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/174377-ozone-generator-rental-houston.html)

[email protected] August 31st 06 04:47 AM

Ozone Generator rental in Houston

Hi All,

I heard that ozone generators can eliminate smoke odors from houses.
If a smoker has been living in a house for a year or so. Will this
eliminate the smoke odors? If so, can anyone recommend a place in
Houston that will rent ozone generators?

Thanks

mike

Robert Allison August 31st 06 06:12 AM

wrote:

Hi All,

I heard that ozone generators can eliminate smoke odors from houses.
If a smoker has been living in a house for a year or so. Will this
eliminate the smoke odors? If so, can anyone recommend a place in
Houston that will rent ozone generators?

Thanks

mike

We only use ozone generators to remove odors after everything
else that accumulates smoke film or smoke debris is cleaned or
replaced. Just using the OG by itself will not help much.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

RicodJour August 31st 06 06:27 AM

Robert Allison wrote:
wrote:

Hi All,

I heard that ozone generators can eliminate smoke odors from houses.
If a smoker has been living in a house for a year or so. Will this
eliminate the smoke odors? If so, can anyone recommend a place in
Houston that will rent ozone generators?

Thanks

mike

We only use ozone generators to remove odors after everything
else that accumulates smoke film or smoke debris is cleaned or
replaced. Just using the OG by itself will not help much.

Right. The ozone doesn't penetrate deeply into fabrics and carpet.
You should also read up on ozone generators on the EPA site. Ozone in
sufficient concentration can be far worse for you than a smoke odor.

Robert Gammon August 31st 06 01:33 PM

RicodJour wrote:
Robert Allison wrote:

wrote:

Hi All,

I heard that ozone generators can eliminate smoke odors from houses.
If a smoker has been living in a house for a year or so. Will this
eliminate the smoke odors? If so, can anyone recommend a place in
Houston that will rent ozone generators?

Thanks

mike

We only use ozone generators to remove odors after everything
else that accumulates smoke film or smoke debris is cleaned or
replaced. Just using the OG by itself will not help much.

Right. The ozone doesn't penetrate deeply into fabrics and carpet.
You should also read up on ozone generators on the EPA site. Ozone in
sufficient concentration can be far worse for you than a smoke odor.

CLEANING the walls, ceiling, HVAC ducts, floors and ALL surfaces is what
gets rid of the tars in smoke that coat things and have a lingering,
long lasting odor.

m Ransley August 31st 06 02:11 PM

Ozone Generator rental in Houston

Ozone- O3 has strict gov exposure limits which any O3 generator easily
exceeds, Ozone is bad for lungs, it oxidises them. Read up before you go
ahead, Don`t even consider it if you will be in the house. There is good
reason Sharper Image half assedly put on a O3 to Oxygen catylist, it
only covers maybe 50% of the air output.