DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How Difficult is Taping/Mudding Drywall? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/174329-re-how-difficult-taping-mudding-drywall.html)

Larry Bud August 30th 06 06:15 PM

How Difficult is Taping/Mudding Drywall?

Cindy wrote:
Hello,

We're about to remove some paneling that has sheetrock underneath. Our guess is
there was never any taping done to it or it will need major repair from the
paneling coming off. I've never attempted this before and although everything
looks fairly straightforward on TV, is this something a DYI'er could accomplish
fairly easily?

Thanks,

Cindy

I drywalled, taped and mudded my basement because I'm a DIY kind of
guy. Everybody told me to hire out the taping and mudding, but I
always want to do something at lease ONCE. Well, that's the total
amount of taping and mudding I'll ever do in my life, ONCE.

It's certainly not brain surgery, but it is a skill that is learned
over time, and while my taping and mudding looks great, it took a hell
of a lot of time. If I were to pay myself, I probably made 5 bucks an
hour. I finally got pretty good at it... right about at the time when
I was finished!!

HIRE IT OUT.