DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   wall to wall carpet removal (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/174286-wall-wall-carpet-removal.html)

rosebud August 30th 06 11:42 AM

wall to wall carpet removal

I am thinking of pulling up the wall to wall carpet from the living
room in my apt. Of course I have the approval of the landlord. What
I want to know is what is involved...besides the physical removal of
the carpet, and then removal of the strips around the edges, with
the upside down nails that have kept the carpet in place.

Thanks in advance for any advise,
Bonnie

Lena August 30th 06 12:10 PM

wall to wall carpet removal

rosebud wrote:
I am thinking of pulling up the wall to wall carpet from the living
room in my apt. ...what is involved...

What kind of flooring is under the carpet? If oak, could be stained
from previous owners. The padding could be stuck to the wood in
places. There could be many nail holes in the floor from previous
installations of carpet. The padding could be randomly stapled to the
floor. You could be getting in to a bag of worms. Peel off a corner
and investigate what is underneath, and you will have a better idea of
where to go from there.

Lena

Lena August 30th 06 12:16 PM

wall to wall carpet removal

....and you may have to install quarter round all the way around to
cover the gaps between the floor and the molding along the wall that
were covered by the carpeting.

Lena