Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Dehumidifier and basement wall

So, a couple of weeks ago I bought a dehumidifier for our unfinished
basement - the walls are poured concrete. After a couple of days I
noticed a horizontal dark line about two inches wide stretching along
one of the walls. It starts in a corner and just ends a few feet along
the wall. It is under the level of the soil outside - the ground
outside is well graded away from the house, and it hasn't
rained much recently. The line does not feel wet to the touch. I assume
this has something to do with the humidity in the basement decreasing
relative to the moisture in the ground outside/in the walls?

Posted to alt.home.repair

yoman wrote:
this has something to do with the humidity in the basement decreasing
relative to the moisture in the ground outside/in the walls?

Probably. I don't have dehumidifier, but I also have those lines at some
places.

--
zidarea u67804

You like web strategy?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

You might try turning off the dehumidfier for a few days to see of the whole
wall darkens to match the line. That would be what I would expect.

wrote in message
ups.com...