DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Need to find cement concrete in caulking tube to match sidewalk color?? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/173085-need-find-cement-concrete-caulking-tube-match-sidewalk-color.html)

[email protected] August 20th 06 01:19 AM

Need to find cement concrete in caulking tube to match sidewalk color??

I bought some polymer type of filler called liquid cement that I used
to fill in a crack in the walkway to my house. This shrank and cracked.
No good-need to use concrete.

I have seen concrete that came in a tube with which you use a caulk
gun. I like this approach and have used it b4.

However in this instance I need a whitish or sidewalk sort of color. I
was told by a guy who was working on a neighbors foundation there are
such tubes ( in different colors) you can buy but you need to know
where to purchase them. They are not found in Lowe's or Home Depot. I
did not need the tubes at that time or I would have asked him where he
got it.
Thanks for any advice.
Petty

Italian August 20th 06 05:00 AM

Need to find cement concrete in caulking tube to match sidewalk color??

You are talking about a cement polomer that comes in a tube "concrete=
cement,rock,sand"
Im not trying to be a jerk when I put these corrections in but if you
use the right terms you will probably find what you are looking for
eaiser.....then again most of the employees at HD & Lowes dont know
anyway... These are avaliable in HD and Lowes but a trick to blend the
color in is take a small amount of play sand or builders sand and after
you have placed the cauking cover the still moist caulking (completely)
with the sand this will adhear to the calking and dampen the contrast.