Posted to alt.home.repair

Default No water to icemaker

Fill valve replaced 3 months ago when water quit going to Frigidare
icemaker side by side refrigerator although water dispenser on the door
worked, Model GLR267ZCB3 built March 04.

Problem has now returned except I get no water to either icemaker or
door. Do I have to replace the fill valve again or can the valve be
taken apart to see if trash or debris has blocked one of the valves?
When I disconnected the water line to the fill valve there was some
debris in the water.

Water pressure to fill valve is about 40 psi. The fridge has a new
filter in place. The valve has 3 coils, all of them show 180-300 ohms
of resistense. ( one coil sends water to filter, the other two coils
send water to icemaker and door). The line carrying water into the
icemaker from the fill valve is not blocked since I can blow air
through it.

Thanks,

Buddy

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sometimes the piercing valves clog. Close the valve, take the line off
the back of the fridge, and put the line in a bucket. Go back to the
cellar, open the valve and see if water goes into the bucket. You may
need a new piercing valve.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Salt content of softened water Steve B Home Repair 26 January 25th 06 05:06 AM
Detergents and cleaners FAQ [email protected] UK diy 49 September 26th 05 12:34 AM
need hot water FAST PV Home Repair 38 January 30th 04 02:15 AM
I need a little advice on running waterlines in an uninsulated crawlspace ozark Home Repair 12 January 29th 04 06:23 AM