DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Cork Floor In Bathroom (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/172316-cork-floor-bathroom.html)

John Keiser August 13th 06 01:36 AM

Cork Floor In Bathroom

I am considering installing a cork floor in my second bathroom. The
"floating" planks appeal. But what issues exist regarding seating the
toilet? Is it best to glue down that part of the floor, use all glue down
tiles or what?

Thanks for comments.
--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

[email protected] August 13th 06 03:10 AM

Cork Floor In Bathroom

John Keiser wrote:
I am considering installing a cork floor in my second bathroom. The
"floating" planks appeal. But what issues exist regarding seating the
toilet? Is it best to glue down that part of the floor, use all glue down
tiles or what?

Thanks for comments.
--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.

Will finish floor be at same level as present finish floor?
If so, I'd consider installing a spacer matching the foot print of the
toilet.
TB

dkarnes August 13th 06 03:21 PM

Cork Floor In Bathroom

John Keiser wrote:
I am considering installing a cork floor in my second bathroom. The
"floating" planks appeal. But what issues exist regarding seating the
toilet? Is it best to glue down that part of the floor, use all glue down
tiles or what?

Thanks for comments.

personally i like my glue down. it is level with the hardwood floor in
the bedroom. it is more work than click and press type laminate panels.
also i would worry about the seal of the toilet. talk to a plumber.