DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   toilet won't drain but tub will (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/172315-toilet-wont-drain-but-tub-will.html)

BradMM August 13th 06 12:27 AM

toilet won't drain but tub will

The toilet fills with water when flushed but the tub right next to it
drains fine. I ran a short snake into the toilet and didn't seem to do
anything. We also get lots of bubbles into the toilet when draining
the tub which really worries me!

Edwin Pawlowski August 13th 06 04:37 AM

toilet won't drain but tub will

"BradMM" wrote in message
ups.com...
The toilet fills with water when flushed but the tub right next to it
drains fine. I ran a short snake into the toilet and didn't seem to do
anything. We also get lots of bubbles into the toilet when draining
the tub which really worries me!

It is clogged, just a question of where. Perhaps a longer snake is needed,
or some pressure from a plunger.

Al Bundy August 13th 06 06:42 AM

toilet won't drain but tub will

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in
m:

"BradMM" wrote in message
ups.com...
The toilet fills with water when flushed but the tub right next to it
drains fine. I ran a short snake into the toilet and didn't seem to
do anything. We also get lots of bubbles into the toilet when
draining the tub which really worries me!

It is clogged, just a question of where. Perhaps a longer snake is
needed, or some pressure from a plunger.

A toilet plunger. Not a flat sink plunger.

---------
| |
| |
\ /
| |
------

Stormin Mormon August 13th 06 07:58 PM

toilet won't drain but tub will

I was thinking closet auger. The smaller drain snakes can be too tiny
for a large bore toilet drain.

Second idea would be a big dump of hydroxide drain cleaner, and then
leave it to see if the blockage liquifies and runs down the drain.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
m...

ups.com...

Stormin Mormon August 13th 06 08:00 PM

toilet won't drain but tub will

http://www.thegoodmanorscompany.com/...aniplunger.jpg

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

Al Bundy August 14th 06 02:38 AM

toilet won't drain but tub will

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

http://www.thegoodmanorscompany.com/...aniplunger.jpg

Tha'd be it! A bit better than my artwork :-)

Stormin Mormon August 14th 06 01:57 PM

toilet won't drain but tub will

I found it on www.google.com then click "images" and enter "toilet
plunger" in the search box.

You, too, can amaze your friends. Although, your art work was clear
enough to tell what you meant.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Al Bundy" wrote in message
"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Al Bundy August 15th 06 04:25 AM

toilet won't drain but tub will

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

I found it on www.google.com then click "images" and enter "toilet
plunger" in the search box.

You, too, can amaze your friends. Although, your art work was clear
enough to tell what you meant.

....to someone who already knew what it was.