DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   woodburners (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/172268-woodburners.html)

lingalu August 12th 06 03:46 PM

woodburners

Hi, does any body know if it is possible to install awood burner with
out a chimeny.

The area for ventining is an out side wall that is about 5ft away the
property is also a bungalow can any one advise? Thanks

Joseph Meehan August 12th 06 04:20 PM

woodburners

lingalu wrote:
Hi, does any body know if it is possible to install awood burner with
out a chimeny.

The area for ventining is an out side wall that is about 5ft away the
property is also a bungalow can any one advise? Thanks

There are through the wall units, but I am not at all sure that they can
handle a wall being five feet away.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Edwin Pawlowski August 12th 06 05:04 PM

woodburners

"lingalu" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi, does any body know if it is possible to install awood burner with
out a chimeny.

Sure , but the walls will sure be tough to keep clean. Let me know if you
do so I can buy stock in a ceiling paint company.

There are ways of running a stack horizontal out a wall and then up. Can be
pricey though. Most is triple wall stainless steel. There are codes to
comply with so be sure to get expert advice.