DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Outside faucets not working (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/172148-outside-faucets-not-working.html)

bobl August 11th 06 04:39 PM

Outside faucets not working

I had 4 new frost free faucets installed last year and all were
working. Now 2 of them no longer work due to having air in the line. I
have 60+ pounds of pressure coming from the well tank. Any ideas of how
to get them working?

Tia,

Bob

[email protected] August 11th 06 05:32 PM

bobl wrote:
I had 4 new frost free faucets installed last year and all were
working. Now 2 of them no longer work due to having air in the line. I
have 60+ pounds of pressure coming from the well tank. Any ideas of how
to get them working?

Tia,

Bob

Bob.

They're known, and sold, as "sill cocks." You might DAGS on that,
first. I would. Air in the line would have no effect on their working-
were the air at the end of the line, you'd hear it escaping. There's a
blockage in the line (closed valve?) betweeen them and the pressurized
line, which you want to find and remedy.

RayV August 11th 06 07:06 PM

bobl wrote:
I had 4 new frost free faucets installed last year and all were
working. Now 2 of them no longer work due to having air in the line. I
have 60+ pounds of pressure coming from the well tank. Any ideas of how
to get them working?

Tia,

Bob

Could be sediment from the well water blocking the line. Open the hose
bibs with no garden hose connected and rap on the pipes to see if
anything breaks loose. It is almost certainly not air in the line.