Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Springs for hanging curtains

replying to Darrel, Luann wrote:
I know exactly what you are looking for because I used to use them and I am
looking for some again.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Darrel, TeresaOB66 wrote:
Darrell did you ever get your answer?my mom used there too but I cant find
them. Hers had a flat metal clip screwed to the door or wall with a little
bent metal hook that would hold each end of the spring. She used the on
curtain with a feed channel at either end so she could secure the top & bottom
of the curtain (usually on a door, but also used on a plastic curtain on the
window in the shower.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Isabel, TeresaOB66 wrote:
I think I found them. https://www.curtainandbathoutlet.com/7-32-spring-sash

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Saturday, August 25, 2018 at 6:14:32 PM UTC-5, TeresaOB66 wrote:
replying to Darrel, TeresaOB66 wrote:
Darrell did you ever get your answer?my mom used there too but I cant find
them. Hers had a flat metal clip screwed to the door or wall with a little
bent metal hook that would hold each end of the spring. She used the on
curtain with a feed channel at either end so she could secure the top & bottom
of the curtain (usually on a door, but also used on a plastic curtain on the
window in the shower.

Do you believe that Darrel has been waiting for your reply since 2006? Someone may need the information anyway. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Time Traveling Monster
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Icn2u, MmeG wrote:
Bless you. Spring sash worked in a google search. Ive been looking for this
for years and it seemed to have dropped off the face of the earth.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Darrel, Cherie wrote:
I am looking for them too, to use in a vintage camper trailer. That way, I
can use one top and bottom to hold the curtains close to the slanted walls.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
vr vr is offline

replying to lee houston, vr wrote:
Nope, not these.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
vr vr is offline

replying to Darrel, vr wrote:
I, too, am looking for these springs to hang curtains on back door. Can't find
them anywhere.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
vr vr is offline

replying to Cathleen, vr wrote:
I do. I've been looking for them too. It seems they aren't made anymore. My
husband brought home screen door springs. Way too big and strong for curtains.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
vr vr is offline

replying to Darrel, vr wrote:
I'm looking for them too. We've had them in years past, in the U.S.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
vr vr is offline

replying to kathy, vr wrote:
I grew up using the window curtain springs in the U.S. I don't know where they
were manufactured, but it definitely seems they are no longer available
anywhere..

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to vr, Dean wrote:
Hello, curtain spring sash rod. KENNEY MFG. Curtain and Baths Outlet, 24 to
36 inch. Hope this helps

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Darrel, Stacey fleming wrote:
I know exactly what you are talking about and I am looking for them toooooo

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair

I am looking for them too. I am moving maybe have to take the old ones
Posted to alt.home.repair

I am looking for the same type of spring rod. They were the best! They were long lightweight springs held up by an eye hook on each end. There was some give on them but they did not sag if lightweight fabric was used. Great for kids shelves or basement shelves.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ns-136852-.htm