DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   maytag neptune washer slowly fills with water between uses (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/171992-maytag-neptune-washer-slowly-fills-water-between-uses.html)

autonut843 August 9th 06 06:07 PM

maytag neptune washer slowly fills with water between uses

Hi,
We have a Maytag Neptune washing machine and when we don't use it for
several days, water begins pooling in the bottom of the rotating drum.
So far we haven't had a problem with it overflowing but it seems like
if it gets worse or if we were to go on vacation for several weeks, it
could eventually overflow onto the floor. My wife says it has been
getting worse over time. Over a day or two it got about 2 inches deep.
Anybody else have this problem or know of a solution?
Thanks

RayV August 9th 06 06:16 PM

autonut843 wrote:
Hi,
We have a Maytag Neptune washing machine and when we don't use it for
several days, water begins pooling in the bottom of the rotating drum.
So far we haven't had a problem with it overflowing but it seems like
if it gets worse or if we were to go on vacation for several weeks, it
could eventually overflow onto the floor. My wife says it has been
getting worse over time. Over a day or two it got about 2 inches deep.
Anybody else have this problem or know of a solution?
Thanks

The solenoid is not completely shutting off the water. Could be a bad
seal, dirt on the seal, broken spring, etc. Should be a fairly easy
repair even on the Neptune.

Shut off the valve(s) for the hoses when you go away even if you fix
this.

http://www.ibhs.org/publications/view.asp?cat=80&id=571