DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   question about well pump wiring (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/171970-question-about-well-pump-wiring.html)

bardos August 9th 06 03:52 PM

question about well pump wiring

this is a single phase 220V pump with three wires and i use a
capacitor. I know where to connect the capacitor wires. My question is
are they interchangeable? does it matter if the two capactitor wires
are switched? Does a capacitor have positve and negative? thx.

Speedy Jim August 9th 06 03:54 PM

bardos wrote:
this is a single phase 220V pump with three wires and i use a
capacitor. I know where to connect the capacitor wires. My question is
are they interchangeable? does it matter if the two capactitor wires
are switched? Does a capacitor have positve and negative? thx.

Pump capacitors don't care. They are Non-Polarized.

Jim

Tony Hwang August 9th 06 04:26 PM

bardos wrote:

this is a single phase 220V pump with three wires and i use a
capacitor. I know where to connect the capacitor wires. My question is
are they interchangeable? does it matter if the two capactitor wires
are switched? Does a capacitor have positve and negative? thx.

Hi,
The cap. is non-polarized. Does not matter which way it's hooked up.