Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frost buildup in ice dispenser

We have a Kenmore Cold Spot 59592990 side by side refrigerator/freezer.
It's been extremely ok. Much of the workmanship is disappointing, but
it has met our needs.
Recently, the ice dispenser has been causing problems. The bottom of
the freezer-part-dispenser (the part that feeds the ice to the
door-part-dispenser) gets a coating of frost (thick-type frost), as
does the top of the door-part-dispenser.
The frost accumulates inside the freezer (door-part) dispenser to the
point where it blocks ice from being dispensed. Then we open up the
door and the blocked ice spills all over the place.
As far as we can tell, the freezer door closes properly, and we're not
seeing any obvious gaps in the dispenser tube/flap (obviously, I'm not
a real technical person when it comes to refrigerators, so I hope I'm
painting a clear enough picture).
Do we need a repair person, or is there something we can try ourselves?
Thanks very much.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

..
Do we need a repair person, or is there something we can try ourselves?

Your friend in need could be online at www.repairclinic.com. Smart
people, lots of parts, good prices and quick shipping. Might be help at
Sears, too; they are doing a lot of DIY parts servicing. Good luck.

Joe