Posted to alt.home.repair
Z28 Z28 is offline

Default A/C Thermostas Keep acting up

Hello all pro here,

I have a heat pump unit and the thermostas came with it does not work
any more (I think or could be something wrong with the unit itself), I
replaced with new one, and it worked for couple day than cold air did
not come out any more, even when I swithed FAN to ON position. I had to
turn the unit off for a while then turned it back on and it worked a
short time and no cold air again, what could it be wrong?, thanks in
advance.

It is HOT where I live, .

Posted to alt.home.repair
CJT CJT is offline

Z28 wrote:
Hello all pro here,

I have a heat pump unit and the thermostas came with it does not work
any more (I think or could be something wrong with the unit itself), I
replaced with new one, and it worked for couple day than cold air did
not come out any more, even when I swithed FAN to ON position. I had to
turn the unit off for a while then turned it back on and it worked a
short time and no cold air again, what could it be wrong?, thanks in
advance.

It is HOT where I live, .

Perhaps your compressor is cutting out because it is overheating
or under (or over) charged with freon. They have safety devices
to detect conditions which might damage them. Just because the
thermostat tells it to run doesn't mean it can.

Posted to alt.home.repair

CJT wrote:

Z28 wrote:

Hello all pro here,
I have a heat pump unit and the thermostas came with it does not work
any more (I think or could be something wrong with the unit itself), I
replaced with new one, and it worked for couple day than cold air did
not come out any more, even when I swithed FAN to ON position. I had to
turn the unit off for a while then turned it back on and it worked a
short time and no cold air again, what could it be wrong?, thanks in
advance. It is HOT where I live.

Perhaps your compressor is cutting out because it is overheating
or under (or over) charged with freon. They have safety devices
to detect conditions which might damage them. Just because the
thermostat tells it to run doesn't mean it can.

CJT hit the nail on the head! Call an A/C Tech! - udarrell

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html