DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Lawn Boy bagging blade (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/170846-lawn-boy-bagging-blade.html)

Big Giant Head July 30th 06 05:32 PM

Lawn Boy bagging blade

Is there a suitable after-market blade for a Lawn Boy Insight series walk-
behind mower that is optimized for bagging? It's about 20.5" long. Like
most mowers nowadays the OEM blade is optimized for mulching and the
suction in a bagging situation is a bit sub par. On other mowers one could
buy an alternative blade but Lawn Boy doesn't offer one. Obviously it
would have to be of high quality, well balanced, and the same mounting.

Jim Elbrecht July 30th 06 08:38 PM

Lawn Boy bagging blade

Big Giant Head wrote:

Is there a suitable after-market blade for a Lawn Boy Insight series walk-
behind mower that is optimized for bagging? It's about 20.5" long. Like
most mowers nowadays the OEM blade is optimized for mulching and the
suction in a bagging situation is a bit sub par. On other mowers one could
buy an alternative blade but Lawn Boy doesn't offer one. Obviously it
would have to be of high quality, well balanced, and the same mounting.

Did you check your manual real well & look at similar Lawn Boys?
Just wondering if Lawnboy does the same as Honda? My mower is a
HRM215. I bought it used with a bag & mulching blade. HRB215 is
same mower with bag & high lift blade.

I've had the mower 3-4 years and have always had the mulching blade
and always thought the bagging feature was mediocre. I just bought
a bagging blade -- and pressure washed the bag- and I can't believe
it's the same machine.

Jim

Big Giant Head July 30th 06 10:34 PM

Lawn Boy bagging blade

Did you check your manual real well & look at similar Lawn Boys?
Just wondering if Lawnboy does the same as Honda? My mower is a
HRM215. I bought it used with a bag & mulching blade. HRB215 is
same mower with bag & high lift blade.

Good idea but they're all described as "3-in-1" mowers (mulching, rear
bagging, side discharge) and only one blade is in the parts list. I think
LB is missing the boat by not offering an optional blade or alternate
model. Not *everyone* wants to mulch.