DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   French Patio Doors Screens (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/170516-french-patio-doors-screens.html)

[email protected] July 27th 06 03:53 PM

French Patio Doors Screens

I want to install a dubble swinging doors opening out to a patio.
I can't visulize how thw screens work?

thanks

JimR July 29th 06 03:22 AM

French Patio Doors Screens

wrote in message
oups.com...
I want to install a dubble swinging doors opening out to a patio.
I can't visulize how thw screens work?

thanks

They don't. You can't put conventional screen doors on the "French doors"
you've described. I've seen an ad for an indoor screen that operates like
roll-up window shade except that it's installed horizontally, and slides
across the door opening to provide screening, but I haven't been able to
find it in stores. We solved the problem by just adding a large screen room
over our deck so that you go through the french doors to an outside,
screened-in deck, but that's a solution that's probably most suitable only
for Florida. Regards --